This policy shall apply to all judicial officers and employees using the State Data Communications Network (SDCN), the Nebraska Supreme Court Network (NSCN), Removable Media, and Social Media. It is intended to provide minimum standards for acceptable use, including clarification of uses which are consistent or inconsistent with this policy.
All use of the State Data Communications Network and/or the Nebraska Supreme Court Network (such as Internet logs and e-mail) by judicial officers and employees is the property of the State of Nebraska and is subject to applicable Nebraska Supreme Court rules and policies, and State and Federal laws, such as public record laws of the State of Nebraska as applicable. End users should not have any expectations of privacy regarding personal business conducted on the State Data Communications Network and/or the Nebraska Supreme Court Network unless protected by State or Federal law.
Use of the SDCN and/or the NSCN shall be consistent with the goals of:
· Simplifying and disseminating information;
· Encouraging collaborative projects and sharing of resources;
· Aiding technology transfer within and outside the State of Nebraska;
· Fostering innovation and competitiveness within Nebraska;
· Building broader infrastructure in support of the performance of professional work-related activities.
This page was last modified on Wednesday, November 14, 2012